Machame Route is one of the most popular routes on Mount Kilimanjaro. According to statistics from Kilimanjaro National Park approximately 53% of trekkers use the Machame Route to ascend Kilimanjaro. The route is very scenic, providing hikers with incredible views and varying landscapes. The Machame route is relatively difficult as climbers need to be able to ascend the Barranco wall on day four and contend with a steep incline up Kibo on summit night.
- Reaching the summit! Experiencing that incomparable, ‘roof of the world’ feeling
- A more relaxed pace than other routes, but longer in time and distance. But very challenging!
- Stunning views as you ascend.
- Discover Shira Plateau and Barranco.
- Climb the Lava Tower.
- Dedicated guides, porters and cooks – a great team to help you on your way.