Moremi Game Reserve
Moremi Game Reserve is one of the popular wildlife viewing destinations of Bostwana. It is located the eastern side of the Okavango Delta. The game reserve takes its name from BaTawana tribe of Chief Moremi.
Apart from the Okavango Delta, the reserve includes the Moremi Tongue and chief’s island, which hosts one of the richest and most diverse ecosystems of Africa.
This makes for spectacular game viewing and bird watching. Moremi hosts a vast array of other species of wildlife including Cape buffalo, Angolan giraffe, black rhinoceros, lion, elephant, hippopotamus, zebra, cheetah, hyena, jackal, impala, and red lechwe.
It also has rich birdlife with around 500 species of bird ranging from water birds to forest dwellers including African Fish Eagle, Pel’s Fishing Owl, Crested Crane, Lilac-breasted Roller, Hammer-kop, Ostrich, and Sacred Ibis.
Best Time To Visit
- Moremi Game Reserve is open for tourists all year round.
- The best time to visit the national park is from July to October.
- If possible avoid the wet months, i.e., from January to March, as some areas become inaccessible and few lodges close.
How to go
Moremi Game Reserve is well connected by roadways and airways.
- You can reach Moremi Game Reserve from Maun Airport which is 154km from the reserve.
- You can also take charter flights from Maun Airport to the reserve.
Things to do
You can do an array of activities at Moremi Game Reserve:
- Game drives
- The Mokoro Canoe Safari
- Boat cruise
- Bird watching
- Walking Safari
What To See & Highlights
- Bush camping within the park
- The reserve is ecologically diverse and hosts an incredible array of wildlife
- Rich birdlife with over 400 species of birds
- Mokoro safari & boat cruises