SCHEDULED DEPARTURE DATE:
- Depart Every Saturday (09h00)
PRIVATE DEPARTURE DATE: (ON REQUEST DEPARTURES ALSO AVAILABLE)
This 2-day safari takes clients to Okonjima lodge. Where clients can experience the wildlife of animals such as cheetahs and Leopards.
The family-run Okonjima Lodge rests at the foot of the sandstone Omboroko Mountains amidst Acacia thornveld in a Malaria-free area. It is halfway between Namibia’s capital city, Windhoek, and the Etosha National Park – only a two-and-a-half-hour drive or a brief flight into the reserve’s private airstrip. It undertakes research, community support and environmental education projects, as well as conservation work to rehabilitate carnivores such as cheetah and hyaena.
Okonjima Nature Reserve
Midway between the spectacular Etosha National Park and the capital city of Windhoek, lies the well-known Okonjima Nature Reserve. The 22 000 ha nature reserve is home to AfriCAT, a carnivore sanctuary, which gives the captive cats a second chance to be released back into the wild and become completely independent hunters in a protected area right in the middle of commercial cattle farmland. Visitors can enjoy a stay at a variety of excellent accommodation options including everything from luxury villas to secluded camping. Enjoy thrilling cat tracking guided safaris, leopard-spotting, off-road night drives and learn about local San culture along the Bushmen trail.
- DEPARTURE: This tour departs from Windhoek
- COUNTRY(‘S): Namibia
- DESTINATIONS: Okonjima Cheetah And Leopard Tour
- TOUR CODE:2C-NAM-OKNJ-001
- RETURN: Back to Windhoek in the Afternoon
- PASSENGERS: Minimum 1 Traveler and a Maximum of 14 Travelers per group
- STYLE: Camping Safari with all Equipment
- MEALS: BB: Breakfast / L: Lunch / D: Dinner
- VEHICLE: 2-3: Double Cab 4×4/ SUV