Namibia is a southwest African country. It is vast and with diverse features promises to offer a completely unique traveling experience. Namibia shares its border with Angola to the north, Zambia to the northeast, Botswana to the east, South Africa to the south east and south, and the whole of west is bounded by Atlantic Ocean. Safaris in Namibia are thrilling with varied wildlife encounters and incredible landscapes.
With extra ordinary landscape features and multitude of heavenly views Namibia is slowly gaining pace to mark its presence as one of the preferred safari destinations of the world. Namibia can be visited all-round the year however, the best time to visit is from July to October when climate is pleasant.
The destinations are well connected but one has to travel hours altogether at a stretch till the next stop. Proper research and knowledge about the route beforehand certainly help during unavoidable circumstances. Namibia Safari Tours are well equipped and assist in proper planning of the tour.
Some of the major Namibia Destinations to hit incudes Sossusvlei Desert, Etosha National Park, Skeleton coast, Damaraland, Swakopmund, Windhoek and many more. It is home to Africa’s largest game park, Namib-Naukluft Park that gives ultimate safari experience to its travellers.
Some Of The Best Places In Namibia To Visit:
- Etosha National Park: One of the finest reserves Africa. Extra-ordinary game viewing including the rarest black Rhinos and desert adapted Elephants.
- Sossusvlei Dessert: Beyond the vast land covered with enchanting sea of red, orange and yellow sand it is characterised by unbelievable landscapes of sand dunes. Formed by the changing direction of the winds are lifted to considerable heights and brilliant shapes. The sun rays during rising and setting of the sun enhance the beauty of the place by manifold.
- Damraland: Famous for Rhinos and Elephants with stunning landscape is certainly not to be missed.
- Swakopmund: Lying between the Etosha National park and Damaraland, this place offers adventurous activities like quad biking, skydiving, whale watching etc. along the Atlantic coast.
- Skeleton Coast: As the name suggest, the iconic skeleton coast is littered with shipwrecks and whale carcases.
How Do You Commute During Namibia Safari Tours?
Major cities and towns are connected through local buses but travelling across tourist destination is quite a task. Getting around in your own arrangement seems more feasible and convenient.
Self-Drive In Namibia: Preferably hiring a vehicle and driving by yourself makes travelling hassle-free. Start your trip from the capital city of Windhoek, where your Namibia Travel Guide can arrange for a vehicle but make sure you are well equipped with sufficient resources like fuel, snacks, water and money keeping in mind the vast distances between the destinations.
Private Guide Namibia: There is always an option to carry a driver cum guide along so that the trip is more relaxing and comfortable.
Accommodations And Meals While In Safari:
There are quite a good number of accommodation facilities available depending on your budget and preference. Most common are the family run rooms, budget hotels or guest farms. You will find them on popular routes and usually have dining facilities.
Secondly, you have options of tented camps and luxury lodges. They are exceptionally beautiful and promises wonderful experience. The hospitality is incomparable and luxury undeniably the best. They accommodate you in tents or lodges in the middle of the wilderness for a unique escapade. Meals inclusive packages delivers delicious cuisines to satiate your taste buds after a long journey.
Lastly, you can accommodate yourself in community run camps and get along with the local tribes and know about their culture and tradition. It’s truly a way to discover the real Namibia.
While vegetarians can have a tough time. Locally available gem squashes and butternut squashes make up or side dishes in the main meals. On the other hand, meat lovers will have the best time with the food choices available. Variety of sausages and meats cooked over barbeque is largely available. Expect exotic game meats including springbok, Oryx, kudu and so on.
Tips To Follow For A Hassle Free Namibia Travel:
- Visa: Visa is required to enter Namibia with a valid passport for at least the next six months. Applying for Electronic visas saves a lot of time. Namibia travel guide helps you in acquiring visas on arrival, travel authorizations, health declarations, and embassy registrations and so on.
- Currency: Namibian Dollar and South African Rand are accepted in Namibia.
- Language: The official language of Namibia is English.
- Namibia travel guide further assist in flights, accommodations, travel insurance, health declarations etc.
- Pack your bags with light coloured cotton dresses to keep your body cool during the harsh hot days and a wind cheater or a sweater to stay protected from chills during evening and night.
- Malaria is common in some parts of Namibia. Consider taking anti-malarial medication if you’re travelling to this area.
- Covid-19 related travel restrictions still persist in certain districts of Namibia. So, make sure to follow proper guidelines.
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate from yellow fever risk countries.
- Carrying of illegal drugs is a punishable offence and highly penalised.
Proper planning and guidance during Namibia Safari Tours can be really useful during your travel to this African country with remarkable landscape and exotic wildlife. So, what are you waiting for? Connect the professional team at Safari World Tours and get started towards the enthralling journey! For details please feel free to visit Safari World Tours.