* Africa has more 54 countries and one “non-self governing an area”, the Western Sahara, in Africa.
* African continent is the world’s most seasoned populated area.
* Arabic is spoken by 170 million individuals on the continent, followed in ubiquity by English (130 million), Swahili (100), French (115), Berber (50), Hausa (50), Portuguese (20) and Spanish (10).
* Over 25% all dialects are spoken distinctly in Africa with more than 2,000 perceived dialects spoken on the continent.
* Africa is the second most populated continent with about 1.1 billion individuals or 16% of the total populace.
* Africa is the world’s second biggest continent covering about more than 30 million square kilometers
* The Sahara is the biggest desert on the planet and is greater than the USA.
* Africa is the world’s hottest continent with deserts and drylands covering 60% of land surface area (for example Kalahari, Sahara and Namib).
* Africa is the world’s second driest continent.
* Africa has roughly 30% of the world’s remaining mineral resources.
* The continent has the biggest reserves of valuable metals with over 40% of the gold reserves, over 60% of the cobalt, and 90% of the platinum reserves.
* The Nile River is the longest river on the planet with an all out length of 6,650 kilometers.
* Africa has over 85% of the world’s elephants and over 99% of the rest of the lions are on the African continent.
* Africa is home to the world’s biggest living area creature, the African elephant, which can weigh as much as 7 tons.
* It has over 25% of the world’s bird species.