Central Kalahari Game Reserve
Central Kalahari Game Reserve is the second biggest untamed life hold on the planet and the biggest and most remote save in Southern Africa. It is arranged amidst the Kalahari Desert. This is unadulterated, unrestricted wild. The landscape of Kalahari is a blend of straggly brambles, including the desert-adjusted silver terminalia, patches of acacias, skillet and fossil river ways sprinkled with dunes.
Central Kalahari Game Reserve is home to the second biggest gathering of indigenous seeker gatherers in Africa – the bushmen or San.
The incredible Kalahari dark maned lions and the way that it is extraordinary compared to other cheetah seeing destinations makes the Central Kalahari Game Reserve a prime spot for natural life sweethearts.
Large herds of wildebeest, eland, giraffe, hartebeest, springbok and gemsbok can be found in these huge stretches of land with clean hedges and overshadowed trees.
With the late spring downpours, a large number of gemsbok, eland, springbok and wildebeest discover their way to the growing, sweet grasses from Deception Valley to Piper Pans.
You should see hyaena, giraffe, warthog, kudu, eland, jackal, meerkat, crocodile and hippo. More than 250 bird species have been documented in the reserve.
Best time to visit
- Central Kalahari Game Reserve is open for visitors all year round. Visit to Central Kalahari is rewarding irrespective the time of visit.
- The best time for wildlife viewing is during is the wet months from December to March near the Deception Valley as wildlife congregates in the area.
- However, the best weather is from May to August as the days are less hot with dry conditions.
How to get
Central Kalahari Game Reserve can be reached by both roadways and airways.
- Central Kalahari Game Reserve is situated 250km south of Maun, the door to the Okavango Delta. It takes about 5 hour drive time to reach the game reserve from Maun.
- However, the easiest way to reach Central Kalahari is by charter flight from Maun Airport.
- You can also drive from Maun Airport to reach the reserve.
Things To Do
You can do an array of activities at Central Kalahari Game Reserve are as follows:
- Game Drives
- Night Game Drives
- Walking Safari
- Bird Safari
- Cultural Tours
What to See
- Central Kalahari Game Reserve situated in the middle of Kalahari Desert is known for its unique landscape.
- Central Kalahari is well known for its black-maned Kalahari lions.
- You can witness an exceptional numbers of plains game like giraffe, springbok, warthog, wildebeest, kudu, eland and gemsbok attract, cheetah, leopard and lion, with a very healthy population of wild dog.