Best Time To Visit Botswana
The Okavango Delta, Moremi and Chobe are Botswana's most popular parks. The best time to visit them is from May to September, during the Dry season and winter, resulting in more moderate temperatures. In addition, the Okavango is flooded from June to October. Wildlife viewing is good year-round, but this can differ for some parks. See below to learn when to visit which park.
1. Best Time
June to September (Okavango, Moremi, Chobe) March to May (Other, drier parks)
2. High Season
July to October (Will not feel too crowded, except for Chobe)
3. Low Season
December to April (Some lodges and camps close down)
4. Best Weather
April and May (Moderate temperatures, little to no rainfall, and few clouds)
5. Worst Weather
October and November (Very hot) January and February (Peak of Wet season)
May to October –Dry Season – Winter
1. Less vegetation and animals concentrate around water, making them easier to spot
2. The skies are clear, rain is rare, and there are fewer mosquitoes
3. Even though most tourists visit during the Dry season, the parks still feel uncrowded, except for the bustling Chobe riverfront area
4. Early morning and evening drives are cold in June, July and August
November to April –Wet Season – Summer
1. The scenery is greener, and there are lower rates during this season
2. Although wildlife is easier to spot in the Dry season, you’ll still see plenty
3. There are many newborn animals and migratory birds
4. Except for January and February, rains seldom interfere with your trip
5. During January and February, the rains can be continuous for days
6. It gets very hot in October and November
7. Some lodges and camps close down during part of the Wet season
Look through our website for inspiration, then call our Travel Consultants
We'll listen to your wish-list and use our knowledge to design a unique itinerary
We'll keep on refining until we've created your perfect personalised holiday
In Botswana, we offer a wide range of accommodations; from traditional African Dome tents with bucket showers and long drop toilets, to luxurious camps with all the fittings of a 5 star.
A safari in Botswana is arguably one of the best things to do in Africa. From the
black-maned lions in the Kalahari Desert to the rivers, lagoons, swamps
Please consult your personal physician and/or a
travel clinic preferably 6 weeks prior to your departure.
As a safari destination Botswana is hard to top
– you can combine incredibly diverse wildlife areas for the ultimate African
Botswana is nothing short of enchanting! It’s
home to incredible wildlife, breath-taking national parks, and intriguing local
culture and history.
When packing for a Botswana safari, it can be
tough deciding what is of vital importance and what is just going to take up
valuable space in your luggage.